Autoquip, a leading manufacturer of material handling equipment is looking to hire a Director of Operation for our busy, fast-paced company. The position requires a degree in business or engineering with 10+ years of successful operations management in a low volume, high mix engineered environment. The preferred candidate is very motivated to push for continuous improvement, growth strategies, and support acquisitions to develop a sustainable growth pattern. Experienced in the custom industrial equipment or the machinery industry.
Oversees the day-to-day production, supply chain processes and activities, including Master Production Scheduling, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Maintenance, Safety, Shipping, Receiving, Inventory, and local accounting functions. Continuously driven for reliable/ sustainable gross margins across all product lines, reducing or eliminating variation. Has the ability to interact with high level customers, corporate, our steering/ managers team, and can direct production or suppliers with a hands-on type leadership role.
• Steering Team participation, activities, and support to the managers team on key initiatives
• Customer focused/sensitive for deliveries, lead times and cost.
• Able to develop/ create commitments (i.e., Gantt Charts) and be able to follow them through
• With department supervisor: master production scheduling, capacity planning, job maintenance production control, cycle counting and inventory management.
• With department manager: supplier management, development, material pricing/ cost and all procurement procedures and processes to ensure our supplier base is a partner
• With department manager: factory throughput/velocity, production schedules, cost, cost reduction projects, quality, utilization, efficiencies, shipping & receiving and safety
• Operations Budgets monthly and yearly management, and budget proposals
• Capital expenditures to keep us moving forward competitively or ahead of competition
• Union interaction, management as per the contract, grievances, and contract negotiations
• Interact with the City, OSHA, EPA, and insurance companies for compliance.
• A strong proponent of safety teams, actions, and results
• Regularly assess the company, facility, product groups manufactured, equipment, processes and individual or team performance, against objectives and results
• Employee recruiting, on-boarding, training/ development, appraisals, counseling, and disciplining staff or union employees, all supporting our Autoquip culture objectives.
• Maintain a professional connection and develop technical knowledge by attending industry group sessions and participating in professional societies.
• Heavy equipment operations fabrication knowledge
• Strategic and Hands On
• Very Strong ERP/MRP skills
• Lean Business / MFG experience
• On-Time Production mindset
• Production Planning / Control
• Contracts – Terms and conditions expertise
• Developing budgets
• Union environment
• Managing processes
• Building relationships
• Coaching and Staffing
At the heart of Autoquip’s success is our dedicated team of engineers, sales, purchasing, quality assurance and manufacturing experts. Many have careers with Autoquip that span decades. Autoquip is known for taking care of its employees and we strongly believe in fostering close relationships with an open-door policy and building a culture of trust and respect.
Autoquip is a progressive and friendly, family oriented, mid-size lift equipment manufacturing company located in Guthrie, Oklahoma– just 30 minutes north of downtown Oklahoma City. To best serve our employees, We offer competitive wages and health benefits, paid holidays and vacation time, life insurance, sick pay, on-going training programs, and a plan for retirement.
We are invested in our employees and want them to have long-term careers with Autoquip. If you are looking for long-term employment with a company that is growing, stable and highly respected in the material handling industry, we want to hear from You! Autoquip is a Drug Free and Equal Opportunity Employer.
When you join our team, we’ll provide competitive wages and benefits, on-going training programs, and a great retirement package.Learn More
At the heart of Autoquip’s success is our dedicated team of engineers, sales, purchasing, quality assurance, and manufacturing experts.Learn More
Autoquip offers a variety of career areas to help our operations run smoothly and efficiently.Learn More
It is the policy of Autoquip, to afford Equal Employment Opportunities regardless of race, religion, color, national origin or sex. Further, all applicable laws relating to age, marital status, and disability discrimination will be strictly adhered to.
This policy of Equal Employment applies to all aspects of the employment relationship.